Saturday, December 20, 2008

TO DO OR NOT TO DO ....

I recently read The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and I'd definitely recommend everyone to hear his lecture atleast once (its available on youtube). Anyway what struck me most, apart from the optimism and resilience shown by the guy, was the fact that he had a set of goals in mind which he had waned to accomplish and which, by the way, he did. That set me thinking... now what are the things that I absolutely definitely have to do once in my life ?? And guess what... I did come up with a list !!!
Without further ado, here's all the things I want to do in my life atleast once (as on this date that is)... Maybe sometime in the future if I draw a list.. it will be totally different but for now this is it...
  • Go on a world tour
  • Go to Wacken
  • Watch the FIFA World Cup final in person
  • Bunjee jumping
  • Paragliding (done)
  • Zorbing (done)
  • THE BIG SECRET ONE WHICH I WON'T REVEAL.....
But then on a more immediate basis what I really need to do is get my 500gb Maxtor hard disk replaced. Yeah it crashed.. thanks Maxtor for your reliability... thankfully its in the warranty period. The only regret being that thanks to my hard disk crashing... not only have I lost around 450gb of data but I've also lost a whole season of ATOM ANT, 2 STUPID DOGS, WACKY RACES and ED, EDD AND EDDY and 2 seasons of METALOCALYPSE!!!!!! NOOOO !!!!! Now i'll have to download the whole thing again.. :(
I only wish there were some way in which to recover the data....

Ohh and before I forget, a big thank you to IIT Kharagpur for reopening on the 30th of December and so thoughtfully depriving me of the opportunity of spending the New Year with friends in Jamshedpur.
And to top off a string of bad news... its time for me to miss another kickass concert. This time the lucky band is Opeth , yes OPETH (!!!) , who are coming to Chennai (of all places) just when my college fest will be on... But, on a more optimistic note, ill see them when I go to Wacken anyway so its alright... :)

No comments: