Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Return of the Jedi, well not Jedi ..but sounds more dramatic anyway.

So I have not blogged in quite a while but when one of prettiest girls you know tells you to resume writing, then you damn sure resume writing ! Even if you have absolutely no idea what the heck you're going to write about.
Anyway, something I realized as I near the end of my 3rd year of college is that at Kgp, as time goes on, I keep getting proportionally lazy and basically developing a lackadaisical attitude towards most things. Which is not necessarily a good thing to happen. But I guess that encompasses what most Kgpians call "peace". And "peace maarna" has sort of become a way of life for a lot of us. So while I've been "maaroing peace", time has gone on and suddenly I see myself entering my final year of college or rather, nearing Placement !! Looking at the current scenario of placements, well, let's just say that for Metallurgy, the best placement opportunity is at Jindal Steel... and I do not want to go to Jindal Steel !! So what's left you say ?? As I see it, there are two roads available to me then... CAT and GRE. So I think to myself... "what am I good at ?" , "what work am I cut out for ?". Due to the fact that those questions draw a blank, I decide to not bother about either of them now and open facebook to see the latest updates and spend the rest of the day doing nothing or rather, "maaroing peace".
And maybe, just maybe, the fact that I've recently been going on various trips on weekends is to escape thinking about this. But you know what ? Peace maar.... we'll ponder on that later. Talking about trips, this last weekend a few of my friends and I went to this beach some distance away from Digha at a place called Mandarmoni. Its an awesome place, almost like a backwater with no tourism and stuff. Oh, and before I forget, we went by truck. Yeah you got that right, we hopped on the back of a truck and went to Mandarmoni. I've seen it in the movies and let me tell you upfront that yes, it is that much fun.... but... it is DAMN uncomfortable. The movies don't show you that ! Its bloody uncomfortable and especially when the mercury is pushing the 40s, then its unbearable and we probably have a watermelon vendor on the highway to thank for getting back alive..well thats an overstatement but hey, as long as you get the point. But you know what, it was fun. And it may have been hot and uncomfortable, I'm ready to go it again.. it was that fun.
On a more serious note, I probably need to decide what I want to do. Any ideas ?

P.S. This is in memory of Bhaichung, the rabbit we had. He was an idiot, but a likeable one. Only two months old, it was definitely not his time. If only the idiot had know better than to run towards a stray dog. May he rest in peace. :(


18 comments:

Abir said...

Men will do anything for a (pretty) woman... Anyway, ignoring metallurgy, and briefly forgetting the pretty women, what would you like to do outside kgp?

Unknown said...

check this site out
www.ireboot.in
might be of help
everyone gets this phase into their lives
its good to travel ,it makes memories

and yes
condolences on the death of the rabbit
being fond of bunnies i feel so sad for your loss

Protik Roychowdhury said...

bolo...
of all the people khali tomra dujon comment korle.. !

:D

Arkaprava Dan said...

Poor stupid bunny... maybe if you'd have whacked some sense into it?
Dunno...

Nice to hear about your trip in the back of a truck to Mandarmoni... I had my fill of back-of-the-truck trips at the end of my NCC Camp when the genius instructor decided to 'honor' me by letting me ride in the back of an IAF truck with all the other goods... (tents etc.)

Well, Mr. Protik 'Jedi' Roychowdhury, hope you find a solution to your career dilemma soon... and hope you get a new rabbit and name it Ronaldinho this time :P

Srijan Das said...

condolences on baichung's death.

Did u see Jindal's package? its humiliatingly low.

neway ... truck journeys are known to be bad ... so many of my friends here tried it to look cool ... only to have a backache for a few days!

Star_gaZer said...

Try being a career counceller..or ..yeah!.. motivational speaker ..that's ur thing! ;):P
PS: R.I.P White mischief ..sigh..

legendkiller said...

firstly the pretty girls ur writing for dont seem 2 care about it... not visible thru comments atleast (tera yahi reply hoga ki comment nahi karti hai)...

n forget abt GRE/MBA/ Jindal.... wev got al***... 20017!! u knw wat ;)

Apurva said...

quite a teaser you left there... i wonder whether the afromentioned "pretty girl" has read this post or not..n dude no matter how hard you try to refrain, peace alwaz prevails in kgp..so chill maar..
as far as career advice is concerned ask the "pretty one" coz then there will be the xtra motivation ...[plus lady luck :P]
may the force be with ya :P

Unknown said...

Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?” so keep maroing peace
By the way truck trip kab kia saala bataya kyun nahi....:(

Unknown said...

kaun thi be ???? :P :P
aur koi bole toh janaab kuch nahin karenge lekin net practice ka ek bhi chance nahin khoyegaa naa???
and may the bunny rest in peace

deepesh said...

exactly my question.Who's the pretty girl you are talking about?
Net practice ka limit hai yeh toh.
and summer mein truck journey kaun karne bola tha ? And u r supposed to take mattresses with u truck journey ka agar plan hai toh

tusharika said...

...Some one rightly said,after every successful man there is indeed a Woman..When you look back,its not that road you took made the difference,but the road you left creates all the wonders...
Nicely written!!!
Keep blogging,not bcz Pretty girls drive u to do so,but bcz as an individual we all need to grow and deserve our amount of space..rumination of ur existence is indeed essential...Keep writing..n yes May Baichung's soul rest in peace!!!

P.S- Baichung must have had amazing time in R.P Hall

Unknown said...

sry 4 d late reply, bt as u knoe had ma examz... n yeah good to see u bloggin again :) Regrdin 'peace maaroin' I told u earlier also I juz love dis word of yr Kgp lingo..as regards yr future, I cn suggest u only after u tel me more abt yr field n wat r d future prospects ,presently I hv absolutly no idea abt metallurgy :P,, vaise bhi abhi ke liye its good to maaro peace :) dis is d time yaar-college is synonymous wid fun, masti, peace, so let it be ....yeah as far as yr trip is concerned, ol of dis sounds great, seems dat u had gr8 fun :), n yeah even if it was uncomfortable-dat truk trip, u gonna remmbr it 4 life n cherish it, so dat little pain was worth it :)
PS- RIP Bhaichung :( :(
PPS-Jedi??????
PPPS- whos the pretty girl u r referring in the 1st para, considerin I tld u dat dae to resume blogging, so if its for me-den thnks for the compliment dear :), if it sm1 else den mera bada vaala 'katta' ho gya hai :(

Protik Roychowdhury said...

@srijan yes jindal's pakage is humiliating.

@damini
what if i tell you its someone else ?? :D

Unknown said...

dnt tel me dat coz dats nt true, khud confession kiya hai tumne on 11th april..remembr :P..so now I knoe it ..... :D n aage se jhooth likha na maroge mere haathon :)

Protik Roychowdhury said...

@damu(:P hahaha)
another death threat... !!
aap to din pe din khatarnaak hote jaa rahi ho...

waise ab itna insist kar hi rahi ho toh ye bhi bata do aap what am i to do with the uhm "other" pretty friend of mine jisko maine bataya on 10th april ki wahi hai ? :D

Unknown said...

aur tum din bar din jhoothe :(

Protik Roychowdhury said...

damage control !!!!

aap hi ho... aap hi ho...

ab to baksh do