Friday, October 10, 2008

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps ...

Ok... Now, I know that most of you will vouch for F.R.I.E.N.D.S. , a few of you may go for How I Met Your Mother or maybe lean towards Two and a Half Men, and my buddies in IIT will move towards The Big Bang Theory... and while I'm the first one to admit that all these shows are extremely funny, having seen them all, let me just put past you another show which I know most people haven't seen but I assure you is equally rib ticklingly funny, Coupling.
You know what I've noticed ? Every IITian, well atleast every KGPian, well atleast every normal KGPian, watches atleast one sitcom or the other..!!! I mean, what is it with us and sitcoms? Anyways cant say that I've got anything to complain about..
Now where was I ? Oh yeah, Coupling, right... Well I brought the first four seasons home to watch during the pujas and I found it to be as absorbing as the aforemetioned shows. Do give it a try and I dont think you'll be disappointed.

Anyway, be that as it may, one thing that always bothered me is my apparent inability to remain interested in anything for a sustainably long period of time. I mean, I probably have had more hobbies than a whole army combined but somehow... I start with full enthusiasm and shoot off the starting blocks but, as time goes by, my enthusiasm keeps waning until I just sort of stop doing it. I used to collect matchboxes, then round stones, then keyrings, then coins, then stamps, then playing cards, not counting the times I collected WWE trump cards, tazos (remember those things we used to get in Lay's ?? I had 113 of those) and pokemon jenga cards among others. Then more recently I started googlewhacking and a few days later promptly forgot about it until I chanced upon my post on the same.. (necropaedophilic psychopath.. sometimes I crack myself up :) ...HAHA ) .

Oh and before I forget... guess who is coming to GIR ???
You'll never believe it ....
SATYRICON !!!!!

Why does it have to happen to me ?? WHY ?? First the Megadeth concert, then the Maiden gig and now.. SATYRICON !!! I'll be missing this too !!! Its like Fate was readying me for this, like fattening the pig or rather cushioning the blow...
"So you miss the Megadeth concert, you must be feeling bad".
"OK so you missed the Maiden gig, dont be gutted, you missed Megadeth remember, though this is a little bigger..."
Now its :: "Hey, remember you missed Megadeth and Iron Maiden live ?? Well umm, lets just put it this way, umm, you're going to miss one more, nothing big, just satyricon.. OK" . WHAT??!!!
Anyway I'll just have to resign myself to the fact... theres nothing I can do about it now... but SATYRICON...

\m/ metal rules \m/

P.S. I'd just like to add that Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Evanescence, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, etc. are NOT METAL !!!!! And please do not call them metal bands, thus degrading actual metal bands... Thank You..

P.P.S.
Give Coupling a try. Also the other shows mentioned in the off-chance you haven't even seen those.

P.P.P.S.
When I say that these bands are not metal, I mean that they are not. See, there are bands who would probably get classified as metal though they are now a disgrace mostly like Korn or Slipknot... but the bands mentioned above are not metal.

2 comments:

ShreyGoyal.com said...

No single episode of any damned sitcom comes even close to "The Girl with two Breasts" (Now that's a splendid way to name episodes, rather than "The One about the Israeli Girl"), with "I'm sorry, I was expecting Shadayim."

You obviously have to watch the show to know what that means. But lemme tell you it's very very funny. In Jeff's words, "It's Bloody Brilliant!!"

Protik Roychowdhury said...

hey.. has jeff been kicked out of the show?? why has this oliver guy been introduced anyway ??
and yes that episode IS funny ... :D