Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SHIT Happens.. but why ?

What the hell is wrong with the world ? Yesterday was like a whirlwind for me... I got to know that when misfortune falls upon a really nice person, it doesn't matter how well you know him, you get affected.
A guy you couldn't talk to because you spoke different languages and knew only for 3 -4 days, one day has to pick up his bags and just leave for Barcelona looking for a job since he couldn't find one in Valencia. He has no place to go to in Barcelona, no idea where he will get work and no money. And he doesn't have the answers to this even when he is on the bus. The last thing I remember is a forced smile on his face and him claiming that "Allah will do something" before praying and leaving Valencia.... forever (?). But behind that assuring smile I see the doubt, the fear, the hopelessness and try as I might, I cannot stop feeling gutted. All for a guy I barely knew. Was it him, or was it his situation, or the false pretense of everything being ok.. i don't know, but I could not stop my eyes from welling up. And I am NOT the kind of guy to get emotional at stuff. Come to think of it, its the second time my eyes have welled up since I can remember. Again, all for a guy I barely knew.
Then I wish a friend of mine "Happy Birthday" and I get to know that her dad died a week ago from a cardiac arrest. Right-o. Great. Now I felt even worse. And sitting on gtalk on a different continent, theres not much I can say or do about it.
So I think to myself, put on some metal and try to forget it, because like it or not, when things are not going your way, there is nothing better than metal... maybe bashing some stuff with a baseball bat but then thats just going too far. So I start my iTunes and put it on shuffle and am browsing the web just for passing the time and I come across this article in the TIME magazine about the recent oil spill and the Bhopal Gas Tragedy (read it please)... and I think.. what is the world coming to ?? Okay so I knew that the government was a bunch of inept goons, but even our judiciary is inept ?? Wtf is wrong here ?? I know it is an old story but hey, coming on top of what had just happened, it just filled me with outrage and unbridled anger. Oh and to top it off, guess which song happened to play when I was reading the article ? Creeping Death - by Metallica. Appropriate.

Which brings me to what a lot of people keep telling me... SHIT Happens. Really ?? And why ?? Why can't shit not happen ??? Even if it does happen, why does it happen to the good folk ? Why cant shit happen to fucktards like Warren Anderson and Union Carbide ? Why cant shit happen to Lalu Yadav and Pappu Yadav and Raj Thackeray ?

There is something seriously wrong with this world that we have been given.

P.S. Apparently its the great circle of life.

No comments: