Wednesday, July 7, 2010

R.I.P. Octopus Paul

It perhaps needs no explaining that Octopus Paul has overnight become a huge celebrity but as a German supporter (yes I hate Sergio Busquets that much), theres nothing better that I'd like right now than octopus soup. Not just any octopus soup, but Octopus Paul soup and I daresay every other German supporter on the day would agree. But then again, did we really need an octopus (yes an OCTOPUS) to tell us that Spain were the superior team ? If we did, then the world needs a major reality check ! For me Germany had lost the match with the suspension of Muller and no matter how important Ozil and Schweinsteiger are to the German team, Muller is the man who does it. Without him, the counter attacks just lacked that pace and focus. Be that as it may, come this weekend, we shall crown a first time champion in either Netherlands or Spain... which brings me to the point that I have a problem with. Read the next line carefully (I shall even highlight it for you) :::

On the 11th of July, either Khalid Boulahrouz or Sergio Busquets will be crowned the champion of the World !

Please, read that again. Let it sink in. Now say those 3 words... WTF ??!!

2 comments:

deepesh said...

WTF!!!

severusdd said...

what a metathesizing and eye opening post from one of the most prolific and well-read bloggers of our generation!!! what great thoughts!!!
*super-like*
:D